Jesus called a child, whom he put among them, and said,
"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children,
you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
I write to share with you important updates for our children’s ministry here at Christ Church. We’re excited about the developments and want everyone to know! We are moving our class for youngest children to the 10:45 worship hour, starting after “children at the altar,” the story time with the pastor, and concluding at noon. As we move through the year, we will also be implementing other changes to enable us to more effectively partner with parents in planting seeds that blossom in discipleship. We have made these changes in response to the needs of families for age-appropriate instruction for their young children during the Sunday message and our hope to more effectively reach families with children. This way, our youngest children can still be present with us, offering their unique gifts and leadership, during our worship together before they head out to their own group.
Starting this Sunday, September 10, 2017:
9:30 Sunday School hour:
- Nursery, professionally staffed, for children of adults in Sunday School, through 2nd grade
- “Bible and Bells” (3rd – 6th grades) with regular performance in the 10:45 worship service. Teachers: Michele Traficante and Jeff Hirt.
- Confirmation (7th grade). Teacher: Kim Hirt.
- Youth (8th – 12th grades). Teachers: Ric Aguayo and Robin Erchinger.
10:45 Worship hour, starting after “children at the altar”, running until noon
- Pre-K through 4th grade. Teachers: Sheila Franks, Crystal Mahler, and Sheri Kline
Parents will be invited to fellowship and connect with each other between the end of worship and the end of this class. We plan to offer this class year-round, including in the summer. On the first Sunday of each month, when we celebrate the Lord’s Table, the children will return to worship to share with us in the sacrament. We would love to have parents and other interested adults rotate through as guests of the class. The 10:45 hour also includes a professionally staffed nursery for children through Kindergarten, starting at the beginning of the hour.
If you have any questions about how this can work for you and your family, please feel free to contact me, Michele Traficante (our children’s ministry team leader), or any of the teachers named above.
Weekday music groups for kids:
- Cherub Choir, practices 7:00-7:15 pm Thursdays, beginning September 21
- Children’s Choir, practices 7:15-7:45 pm Thursdays, beginning September 21
- Cub Scout Pack 106 - Boys in Kindergarten to age 11
- Boy Scout Troop 106 - Boys age 11 to 18 years of age
- Venturing Crew 461 - Boys and Girls age 14 to 21 years of age
- Girl Scouts
Want a program that will help your child become the person you want them to be? Scouting can give you that through Character building, Citizenship and Fitness. With age appropriate, fun-filled programming your child will be ready to face all of the challenges life will throw at them. And so they can become the leaders needed for tomorrow.
To register or for information on Cubs, Boys, Venturing, contact:
For more information on Girl Scouts, contact: